Welcome to the Vets Hub
Your front door to Financial Well-being
What is the Vets Hub?
The Vets Hub is an online community dedicated to improving financial well-being for Australian veterans and military families. Our vision is to provide a collaborative network of services, that are easy to navigate so that veterans and families can access the right support and information for them during the various stages of life.
At times, it can be overwhelming to navigate the many organisation's supporting veterans and their families. The complexity of navigating vital support services remains a key challenge for many veterans, often limiting their ability to access the support available from the right service provider. The Vets Hub is focused on improving financial well-being and outcomes through connection and centralisation of support services for faster and simplified access.
The veteran community is diverse and complex, therefore, the best course of action for one veteran or military family might not be ideal for another. The Vets Hub works in collaboration with the veteran community to identify their unique needs, financial goals and better understand their circumstances. This process assists the Vets Hub to tailor the support provided by our member education consultants, specialists in medical claims, and financial planners to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Join the Vets Hub community
Our vision is to provide a collaborative network of support services that are easy to navigate, so that veterans and families can access the right support and information at the right time.Sign up now
What is financial wellbeing & why should you think about financial wellbeing early?
Financial well-being is about a sense of security and feeling as though you have enough money to meet your needs. It's about being in control of your day-to-day finances and having the financial freedom to make choices that allow you to enjoy life.
Financial wellbeing takes a bit of time and effort. There’s a lot to learn, and everyone’s financial situation is unique – everyone has different goals and needs. Similar to physical health and fitness, it’s important to start thinking about your financial wellbeing and developing good habits early, so that you’re not straining to get financially fit in your later years. The Vets Hub can help you develop good habits through education, advice, and information.
How can CSC help?
Our educators can offer you general information about financial wellbeing, either one-on-one, at an in-person seminar, or through our recorded sessions online. The team can help you learn how to make the most of the pay and conditions of your military career, and help you get prepared for life after service.
Our financial planners are dedicated to getting to know you and what you want out of life and helping you lay out a path to get there, step by step. We're here to serve those who serve our country. We believe our customers deserve the guidance they need to secure a safe and comfortable retirement, as well as have the peace of mind that they and their families are in safe hands. Whether you're looking for General Information, Simple Advice or Comprehensive Advice, we're here to help.
Webinars and Seminars
If you’d like to learn more about your super, from contributing and investing through retirement options, consider attending one of our super sessions in-person or online.Find out more
ADF Member Consultations
CSC provides Member Consultations and presentations throughout Australia. Attending a consultation or presentation is a great way to learn more about your super.Find out more
How does the Vets Hub support veterans?
Navigating the system
We’re here to help veterans navigate the current system and access the support services available to them, such as how, when and where to make medical claims.
- CSC, in conjunction with many local partners and veterans, is determined to simplify the process by actively engaging with local communities across Australia.
- The program helps to equip veterans with the information and tools they need to access and navigate the often complex support services available to veterans, and to improve their financial wellbeing through the provision of tailored, expert advice around financial planning.
- We’re here to listen to veterans, and make the connections that are currently missing between services. We’re here to make it simple!
Helping you prepare for life after service
Leaving the ADF is a major life event and may have a significant impact on your financial future. It’s important to consider all your options and plan for your discharge accordingly. We're here to guide you through this transition, and provide support to you and your family as soon as you set out on life after service.
ADF Medical Transition
If you’re going to be medically transitioning from the ADF, you might be concerned about your financial future and how it may affect your family as well.Find out more
Have you discharged from service, or are you thinking about discharging? We have everything you need to know about your super.Find out more
Empowering you to take control of your finances
Providing veterans with the information and tools to empower them to take control of their finances, such as financial planning and budgeting.
- Financial stress is a challenge faced by many veterans transitioning to everyday life.
- Financial stress is a significant social issue for our veterans and Defence personnel, especially those transitioning to everyday life. Many veterans see finances as a key challenge, with some struggling with income levels and planning for their financial future.
- Those transitioning out are more likely to face financial challenges. Some veterans can come into financial hardship during this period as they seek to manage unexpected civilian expenses.
- Financial well-being is connected to well-being across a number of areas of a person’s life, such as employment, education and health.
Community connection and events
- CSC’s focus is on improving financial well-being – specifically, the contribution we can make to improving the financial wellbeing of veterans at a personal and family level. However, these events are also an opportunity to access more support across a range of topics through program partners.
- The events provide support across popular topics, including superannuation, transitioning from the ADF, insurance, transitioning to retirement, and the best ways to boost retirement savings.
- The sessions are led by David Wilton, an Army Veteran and now CSC’s National Manager of Defence and Veterans Liaison. He is joined by other local veterans’ organisations and regional partners.
- The workshops go beyond the topic area of superannuation. They focus on broader financial literacy tools that will enable veterans to build a plan and control their finances.
- The hubs provide CSC with an opportunity to speak with veterans about what they need and how CSC can better support them to improve their financial wellbeing.
- The hubs seeks to offer a holistic, end-to-end service through collaborations with regional partners and other veterans’ organisations. To provide this, many community and ex-service organisations – along with financial advisers – attend the hubs to provide additional support.
Next I'd like to...
CSC has decades of experience guiding and supporting its government and ADF members.Learn more
Advice and Tools
We give you the resources to maximise your super and plan your retirement.Learn more
Family & Beneficiaries
Your family is important and understanding how to protect them if the worst happens can give you peace of mind.Find out more