Sick or injured CSS and PSS customers
CSS and PSS customers may be entitled to super benefits if they are partially or totally and permanently incapacitated. Some eligible PSS customers may also have access to Additional Death and Invalidity Cover (ADIC).
CSS and PSS customers do not have an insurance component (with the exception of Additional Death and Invalidity Cover (ADIC) for eligible PSS members), however they may be entitled to super benefits on the grounds of permanent invalidity or death. CSS and PSS customers may also be eligible to partial invalidity benefits. Any claim for invalidity benefits must be made by you on behalf of your employee. Those with ADIC can make an additional claim directly through us.
Customers with a PSSap Ancillary account may also have lifePLUS cover and should contact us to discuss any possible lifePLUS cover claims.
Customers of CSS and PSS who are totally and permanently incapacitated may be able to medically retire and claim an invalidity benefit through us.
Medical retirement is not possible unless we issue an Invalidity Retirement Certificate (IRC) first for any employees who are:
- customers of CSS and under age 65 or
- customers of PSS and under age 60
You can find more helpful information about invalidity retirement via the links below:
- Applying for a CSS or PSS invalidity retirement certificate
- Assisting terminally ill CSS and PSS members
- CSS and PSS doctor’s report checklist for invalidity retirement
- CSS application for issue of invalidity retirement certificate (SPC) form
- PSS application for issue of invalidity retirement certificate (SPC) form
You can also request that we send an invalidity benefit estimate to an employee by completing our estimate request form.
Approved Medical Practitioners (AMPs)
Below is a list of the current AMP providers who are to be used when obtaining a report on whether or not your employee is totally and permanently incapacitated in preparation for an IRC application.
|Provider||Contact details for bookings|
|AMLG||1300 554 361
|eReports||1300 130 963
|MedHealth Pty Ltd (MLCOA)||http://www.mlcoa.com.au/|
|Medico-Legal Reporting Services of Australia (MLRSA)||1300 130 963
|Red Health||1300 130 963
Pre-assessment payments (PAPs)
Employees who are customers of CSS and PSS may be eligible to receive PAPs before an IRC is issued if they:
- are likely to be totally and permanently incapacitated
- have been off work for 28 consecutive days
- have expired all of their sick leave
- are not receiving compensation payments
- are not a limited benefits member.
You can find more information on applying for and paying PAPs in our guide.
Our PAP calculator will assist you to pay and seek reimbursement of PAPs paid to a customer.
Partial invalidity pensions (PIPs)
We've made improvements to PIPs to better help our PSS and CSS customers in times of sickness or injury.
Use the links below to learn more about PSS PIPs:
- Applying for a PSS partial invalidity pension
- Reviewing a PSS partial invalidity pension
- Paying PSS partial invalidity pensions
- Informal reduction in hours – delegate’s instrument
- Informal redeployment – delegate’s instrument
- PSS medical officers’ report checklist for PIP applications
- PSS medical officers’ report checklist for reviewing PIPs
- PSS PIP application (SPP) form
Our PSS PIP calculator will assist you to pay and seek reimbursement of a PSS PIP.
Use the links below to learn more about CSS PIPs:
Next I'd like to...
CSC has decades of experience guiding and supporting its government and ADF members.Learn more
Advice and Tools
We give you the resources to maximise your super and plan your retirement.Learn more
Family & Beneficiaries
Your family is important and understanding how to protect them if the worst happens can give you peace of mind.Find out more