Taking a redundancy
A redundancy, whether it’s voluntary or not, can significantly affect your super and insurance cover. Understanding your options can make a real difference down the line.
When your work changes, why not stay with PSSap?
Understanding your options when your role at work is made redundant can make a real difference to how your super performs in the long term.
Under the Superannuation Amendment (PSSAP Membership) Act 2017, you may be able to contribute to your PSSap super account even after you leave the Australian Public Service (APS).
- you’ll have the advantage of having your super in CSC's 10-year, platinum-rated 'best value for money' super scheme1.
- you’ll still be able access CSC’s investment expertise. (It’s worth noting that our investment team is highly regarded in Australia and around the world for its stewardship of an integrated approach to investment risk management.)
- you’ll continue to have access to PSSap's exclusive and flexible lifePLUS cover insurance.
- you’ll also have access to CSC’s outstanding products and services, like our super education program and financial advice.
1. As assessed and rated by SuperRatings Pty Ltd (ABN 95 100 192 283) on 30 June 2019. SuperRatings is an independent research house that assesses super funds. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. See the SuperRatings Fundamentals report for PSSap for more details.
How to keep your super in PSSap
Just log into your account and use our online notification tool—we'll do the rest.
Or transfer your super to another fund
You can transfer some or all of your PSSap super to another super fund at any time. You’ll find the instructions on our Withdrawing your super form.
Note that if you want to transfer part of your super to another fund, you must leave a balance of $6,000 or more in your PSSap account.
Need some help with that?
Becoming redundant at work can be stressful, feel complex and leave you with questions about how best to manage your super and insurance cover after you’re left. Remember, we’re here to guide you—so if you need us, give us a call on 1300 725 171.