Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for entering our pensioner services online competition
Terms and Conditions
- Information published by Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation ABN 48 882 817 243 (the Promoter) on how to enter into the draw to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (the Competition) forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. By entering this Competition, entrants accept these terms and conditions.
- This Competition is being run and promoted by the Promoter during the Promotional Period described in these terms and conditions. The Promoter can be contacted by post at CSC Pensioner Incentive Campaign, GPO Box 2252, Canberra, ACT 2601 or by phone on (02) 6275 7000
- No sponsorship, affiliation or partnership, howsoever described, exists between Samsung Australia and the Promoter in connection with the Competition. No claims, warranties or guarantees are made or implied as to the quality, value, grade, composition, style, model or suitability for purpose of the prize offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition to the full extent permitted by law and subject to any approval or directions from a regulatory authority.
- All decisions of the Promoter in connection with the Competition are final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry is open to persons who are, during the Promotional Period, eligible pension recipients of the following superannuation schemes and currently resident in Australia: CSS (ABN 19 415 776 361), PSS (ABN 74 172 177 893), MilitarySuper (ABN 50 925 523), DFRDB (39 798 362 763), DFRB, PNG Scheme and 1922 Scheme.
- Current officers, employees or agents of the Promoter, or of any affiliated companies or contractors to the Promoter, and the immediate family members of any of those officers, employees or agents, are ineligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition commences at 5:00pm on Monday 10 December 2018 and concludes at 5:00pm on Friday 25 January 2019.
- This is a game of chance and the winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The draw will be conducted at 10:00am on Wednesday 6 February 2019, at the Promoter’s offices at 7 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2601.
Conditions of entry
- To enter, eligible entrants must login to Pensioner Services Online via the Promoter’s website (csc.gov.au) and update their contact details to include a valid email address.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- The Competition will be a single draw with one prize available.
- It is a condition of entry that eligible entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name to announce the winner and for other reasonable publicity.
- The winner will receive a prize consisting of a Samsung Galaxy Tab A S Pen 10.1" LTE 16GB (Black).
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable or exchangeable.
- The prize winner will be notified by email and telephone within two business days of the prize being drawn. The winner’s name may also be published on the Promoter’s website (csc.gov.au)
- After contacting and confirming the eligibility of the winner, the prize will be couriered to the Australian address nominated by the winner, at the Promoter’s expense.
- In the event that the Promoter cannot contact the winner within 7 days of the prize draw, or it is determined that the winner was not an eligible entrant or is otherwise unable to claim the prize, the Promoter may conduct an unclaimed prize draw in accordance with these terms and conditions. If conducted, the unclaimed prize draw will be held at 10:00am on Wednesday 13 March 2019 at the Promoter’s offices at 7 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2601. The entrants in the unclaimed prize draw will consist of the remaining eligible entrants of the Competition. Should the prize remain unclaimed for three months following the date of the second draw, the Promoter reserves the right to advertise further draw dates as required, or to terminate the Competition without a winner. Such a decision made by the Promoter is final.
Trade Promotion permit
- Under New South Wales law, a permit is required for trade promotion lotteries. The NSW permit number for this promotion is LTPS/18/27935.